Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there –
I am not a professional diver. I only did a few dives and I am still learning. But I am infected since I started diving about one year ago ... I love to explore beautiful underwater worlds and creatures and I am curious to explore more. My best diving adventure was in the Maldive Islands where I dived with White Tips ... I remember that I was totally impressed by their movement! They swam fast without moving their body very much. It seemed to me like they were swimming without any effort. But I had to use my fins to stay close to them ... A fast scooter would have been great to swim and dive with the big and fast fishes.

Stuart Cove tested diving with the Seabob underwater scooter and Sharks in the Bahamas a few weeks ago. The animals were not frightened by the sound. I saw impressive pictures where you can see divers with the Seabob diving very close to/with the sharks.

And if you don't want to go as fast, you can choose a lower power level and the scooter will pull you slowly. It is up to you if you go fast with the animals or from one spot to another, or if you go slowly to enjoy every detail of the reef. But I think you always have to remember not to get too close to the ground, not too close to the reef and not to chase the animals. You have to take over more responsibility if you go diving with a scooter like the Seabob. It enables you to do things you never will be able to do without. So it's better to practice before. I also read that there is a PADI Specialty Course for Seabob diving!?? I would definitely try this if I find a dive center where you can dive with the seabob scooter.

Heavy, not a tow behind, way to expensive, short burntime.......
You can get a lot better for less money

@BazzaB Burntime ? 1 hour autonomy seems enough ? And as a rental gear I would give a try. Katrin any idra where can I try the Seabob in Florida ?

@BazzaB Burntime ? 1 hour autonomy seems enough ? And as a rental gear I would give a try. Katrin any idra where can I try the Seabob in Florida ?
If 1 hour burntime is enough, then why would you pay that amount of money ?
Like I said, plenty of other options for less

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom