DPVs in the Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that sounds terrible Wookie. Would be interesting to here if anybody have further details about the Wolf & Darwin Buddy status. DiveTheGalapagos for example or Dom@DiveAdvice?

I am an 'experienced' diver - I've been certified for about 12 years and we've gone on wonderful dive trips all over the world. (Take a peek at the list in my bio if you'd like to assess). But I'm not an 'advanced' diver. I'm fit, but I'm also pretty small (115 lbs), and I know enough about my diving/swimming skills to say that I'm not strong when it comes to currents. So I'll just have to play it by ear and skip the dives that sound like they might be beyond my comfort level. Hopefully there won't be toooo many of those!

We've been in daily communication with Buddy Dive, so I have no reason to believe that their boats have fled the Galapagos with the repo man in hot pursuit. I know the company has existed in Bonaire for some time, so I trust that they're not trying to scam us. And I asked a dive travel agent we've used before, who books their boats, and he says he's heard nothing about there being trouble with the Darwin Buddy or Wolf Buddy. Fingers crossed - we'll know if 2 weeks!

Reactions: Doc

Back
Top Bottom