DR Venture vs. Hog 32lb for diving single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at DR Venture and Hog 32lb wing for diving single tank.

Please let me have your insight and opinion on those wings.

I know there are a lot of good wings in the market, but currently those two wings' price are very competitive. In addition, I can find some reviews about DR Venture, but not that many about Hog 32lb wing.

All those wings are a single layered wing? How about durability?

Thanks in advance,

I dont own either brand of wing but I think it would depend on what size tank you are using and how much lift you need. If your using 100cf or higher Id go with the venture wing.
I have heard good things about Dive Rite but again I dont own one.

I have both and I really prefer the HOG 32.

It's very, very sleek and very, very durable.

The only thing I didn't like about the HOG, and it's just a personal quirk, is the inflator . . . so soooooooooooo quiet, but very well made.

the K

i have the Hog 32lb. wing, and like it quite a bit. I'm not much a fan of the inflator, but it works. It's very durable. mine has around 50 dives on it and it still looks brand new. I've used it with AL80s and HP100s and it works perfectly for both. I've actually used it with a single backmounted, and another AL80 stage bottle on some deep dives a few weeks ago. Had plenty of lift for both bottles.

My wife has the Venture wing and she likes it. I don't... I think it tacos too much. But she like it so it's just fine.

I have the HOG 32 on an OcyCheq SS Travel plate for use with my double hose regulator. I like it a lot. It's clean and trim.

My primary wing is a DSS LCD 30 and I really like it!

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom