Dragon AT .. or something else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know the advantages of a wing at depth and jacket at surface, and to date my Scubapro Glide 1000 has been great.

But looking to change and thought worth looking at a Hybrid.

On test results Aeris Atmos XT was good - but not sold in my country so ruled out.

The MARES Dragon AT seems a good product, but be interested in other options.

Only interested in single tank diving ... so not after a technical beast, and as I travel a lot for diving want something that is not too heavy.

Tafflad,
The Dragon BCD is a great product. As you noted it is a hybrid jacket / back inflate bc. The combination of both offers great bouyancy characteristics both while diving and at the surface.

Since you said you are travelling a lot, I also suggest you look at our new back inflate bc called Icon (mens) and Aliikai (womens). This new bc is 100% back inflate, light weight, and folds up in to a very small, configuration, resulting in a phenomenal travel bcd. http://www.mares.com/product_detail.php?id=280&region=ALL. Please check out the link for more details. Thanks for your interest in our products, I hope you find just the right one.

Happy New Year from Mares,

Thanks - is the ICON also available in AT version ? just seems if I am going to change my current BCD I might as well consider the Air Trim technology.

If it isn't ... is it likely to be in the future ?

The Icon and Aliikai currently are not available in airtrim versions. We are not looking to put A/T on these bcd's at this time. Not to say it won't ever happen, just not in the immediate future.

Tafflad,

I have been using the Mares Morphos for some time when traveling and it has worked out great. The AT is a wonderful thing and the BC folds up very small. Mares discontinued the BC (wish they hadn't) but I still see them for sale. Also very easy to maintain.

Good luck in your search and diving.

Zak, glad to see you here to rep the Mares line. I have had nothing but great experiences with all of my Mares gear.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
MM1 :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom