Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting this wonderful video. We did the 11 night live-a-board Raja trip two years ago and just loved every minute. My wife can always tell from rooms away when I'm watching scuba videos based on the music...and that I really don't watch anything else. We loved your video. We're looking at returning to Raja or Komodo in a couple years. We will definitely consider Sorido Bay.
Happy holidays.

Rob

Thank you for your comments, Rob. I am glad that you like the video. I am not watching anything else except of scuba videos as well. We are hopping be back to Sorido Bay Resort next October, in a search of a perfect visibility (but no mantas), which is good for videos. Komodo is on the top of my list as well, but maybe in spring of 2022.
I hope your wife is a diver as well.

Happy holidays to you too.
Val

Thanks for making such wonderful video. We went diving at Komodo Island 2019 Christmas and fell in love with diving in Indonesia. We were planning to go to Raja Ampat around end of 2020. Unfortunately that won't happen, but watching your video brings us fond memory and hope.

Thank you for watching my video and your comments. How was the diving in Komodo in December? I thought that the best time for Komodo is in spring: April to July. Have you stayed at a resort?

Great video. Thank you!!! I’m scheduled to go to Raja in November’21. I made the reservations before the dumpster fire that was 2020. November can’t get here fast enough

Thank you for your comments, John. I wish you have a great trip next November. I am planning for another visit to Sorido Bay Resort next October.
Val

at 50 hours round trip more or less from NYC how long do you guys stay for?

Last time it took us just over 48 hrs from our home in Toronto to the resort (Toronto-HongKong-Jakarta-Sorong), without any delays. Next time I will plan for a 3-day trip each way. It will be less risky and restful. Both times we stayed at Sorido Bay Resort for 18 days, and that was awesome. Considering a long travel time, I would not recommend less than a two-week stay.

that's what I figured. a couple of years ago we spend three weeks in Malaysia on Pulao Tioman. Just enough time to forget about the insane travelling. But oh so worth it. I see air fare is around $900 round trip. Is that about right or is cheaper at different times of the year?

$900 US is a very good price. Flight tickets from the US are always cheaper than from Canada, although. In addition, the situation now is completely different. So, I have not been checking prices for a while.

Goals.

Very nice video, well done. Absolutely love the diving in Indonesia. One of my most favorite countries in the world.

Back
Top Bottom