Dressel Cozumel Alternative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfield54

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted this in the general travel forum, it was suggested that I direct my question toward this forum:

"My wife and I have stayed at Iberostar Cozumel and dove with Dressel many times over the years, but were wondering whether anyone out there has had experience with other dive operations while staying at Iberostar. (the Dressel boats are too crowded for our tastes)"

Thanks, Roy

Papa Hogs will pick you up at the Iberostar pier. 6 divers max on a boat.

Tres Pelicanos is a favorite (along with others) on this board. I've never used anyone else, though. I've never felt the need to go elsewhere.

I wouldnt dive with PH if you paid me........soooo many better choices.

I posted this in the general travel forum, it was suggested that I direct my question toward this forum:

"My wife and I have stayed at Iberostar Cozumel and dove with Dressel many times over the years, but were wondering whether anyone out there has had experience with other dive operations while staying at Iberostar. (the Dressel boats are too crowded for our tastes)"

Thanks, Roy
Feel free to contact me for information. We run 6pax boats and can pick up
At the beach there. We just had back to back groups staying there and it worked out great! Reservations@bluextseadiving.com

I know you didn't ask the question that I'm about to answer but I'll put it out there anyway. Perhaps you or another diver reading SB looking information about diving from an AI resort can benefit.

The AIs in Cozumel (and other places) are overpriced, with small rooms and food that's not so great, watered down bar drinks and not everything is included as far as drink selections and certain food choices.

For a fraction of the cost of an AI, you could stay in a vacation rental home or condo, with a large balcony to relax on and hang your dive gear, with much more room to spread out than a hotel room. With the money you save you could eat out all the time, and eat much better and have a lot more variety and enjoyment during your vacation. And you'd have a lot more diving options.

My wife and I and a friend just got back from Iberostar. I agree with previous posters that there are better options to stay when in Cozumel. The food was meh but the staff was friendly. The weather was perfect for diving last week with very good vis. The current was manageable except for maybe 2 dives. I enjoyed walking past the Dressel cattle boat shop every morning. They looked to have about 20+ divers in the morning. Our trip was made by diving 7 days straight with BlueXTSea. We were picked up just off the beach, wading comfortably in thigh deep water. We were always greeted with enthusiastic smiling faces and our gear was always hooked up. We alternated between Pedro and Martin as DM’s. They made our trip! Always asked us where we wanted to dive and frequently jumped in to check current prior to dive. Once they were confident that we were good divers, they pretty much let us be. However they were quick to point out critters and boy can they find things! Kudos to Christi and her staff! We have used several different dive ops in Cozumel but now we have found a home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom