Driving Solo and staying entertained

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never been a fan of Clive Cussler novels, but his non-fiction books titled The Sea Hunters and The Sea Hunters II, about searching for lost shipwrecks are very good.

I think that listening to books while driving is great, not only because it provides entertainment, but it also adds value to time that may otherwise be wasted - and it can relax you during stressful situations.

I used to commute to the city by train and I enjoyed reading downloaded books on my ipad for the same reasons, and I still do that on plane trips.

I don't have enough time to read as much as I would like, so I try to take advantage of opportunities.

"In Our Time" podcasts from BBC Radio archives. They are 45-minute-long college-level discussions about hundreds of subjects in history, science, literature, philosophy etc. Hugely informative and surprisingly accessible.

I like DnD podcasts, but I'm a nerd. For audiobooks: Hidden Figures, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings are my favorites. There's an app called Overdrive that you can link your library card to to checkout and listen to audiobooks from the entire library system. Tons of fantastic material there for free

Back
Top Bottom