Droid & cross platform log with output

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to mention that Subsurface-mobile (for Android) has an optional (but still free) location service. If you turn it on on your dive days it will keep track of your location using your phone's GPS. Then, when you download dives, it will use the date/timestamp to figure out the GPS coordinates for your dives and record that in your log automatically.

In the desktop app, Subsurface will show an interactive globe that lets you move it around, zoom in and out, etc.. That will display the location of your dive automatically. It uses Google Maps for the back end (I believe).

If you don't run the location service, you can still manually enter the dive location, either by typing in GPS coordinates or by spinning the globe around, zooming in, and double-clicking on the location you want to store.

Have to agree with Stuartv on Subsurface - it is what I use for my dive logging. Import with the phone (for bluetooth devices in particular )and sync to the cloud and it is available on desktop and tablet as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom