Dry At Depth Canister For Acr Aqualink View Plb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DownDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After deciding to purchase a PLB, I've done enough research to determine that the ACR AquaLink View is the PLB I would most prefer to dive with; model number PLB-350C. Seems that there are few canisters on the market though and I'm unsure if those that are in production (McMurdo) have the internal volume to fit the ACR AL View, which means I may need to find another option.

Question for the SC community:
1) Are you aware of a quality case/canister with an internal volume exceeding 2.3" x 5.8" x 1.45” (5.9 x 14.8 x 3.7 cm)?
2) If not, can you recommend another product that would provide comparable performance and has a dry at depth solution?

Thanks

McMurdo internal measurements are approximately (using my tape measure) 6-1/4 inches in height by 2-3/4 inches in diameter.

HDV SeaTek (look on eBay) says their larger canister has internal dimensions 70mmx150mm, so it should fit. I have the shorter HDV canister, it is only 130mm long.

@DownDiver. I can send you pics. I think it fits well. Or I can make a short video and upload to YouTube. Just don't let me forget, as my schedule is pretty hectic with my career and teaching. But this won't take much time. I just need to not be a lazy sack 'o ____ and do this.

Cool, thanks. You think the container is easy to open after being under pressure?
The HDV design is brilliant. A bit bulky, but part of that is an easy-to-grip ring to open it.