Dry Glove Material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume you meant to say around the knuckles? My hand is 9” around, prefer 2x gloves so I can fit thick liners.
What are the water temps you're diving in that you use "thick" liners? What liners are you using?

What are the water temps you're diving in that you use "thick" liners? What liners are you using?
I have a variety of liners but one of the best are the red thick fleece ones I bought from Seaskin, also -33 Marino wool are good.
EA4D298D-0014-403B-958C-2818CF112516.jpeg

The Showa 720 gloves were mentioned here, but I see two versions: 720-R and CS720. Any appreciable difference for the dryglove application? Same sizing? @Deep South Divers, which version did you use/test?

The CS720 is double dipped and has a polyester lining. The 720R has a seamless cotton lining. I don't know if the CS lining is seamless or not, but if it isn't, it would be hard to keep dry.

The Showa 720 gloves were mentioned here, but I see two versions: 720-R and CS720. Any appreciable difference for the dryglove application? Same sizing? @Deep South Divers, which version did you use/test?

After much research, deliberation, and finally a call to SHOWA, I'm happy to report... There is no difference. The 720, 720R, and CS720 are all the same glove.

Nomenclature has been changed from place to place for marketing reasons and to signify certain ratings. When the glove gets a new rating, it may change nomenclature even though the glove hasn't changed at all. Such is the case with the "CS" nomenclature... It simply means that the 720 has received a new chemical resistance rating. The glove itself hasn't changed.

I found the place online that reported that the lining was cotton on one version. That's incorrect information. The liner in all of the 720s is a combination of nylon and polyester, which is great because it cleans and dries quickly and does not absorb water, sweat, or skin oils.

For what it's worth, I have a small stash of 720s sitting around that I'd love to get rid of since I'm commercial and have migrated all of my drysuits/rings over to 3416s. PM me if you want the stash.

Back
Top Bottom