• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Dry glove system help...USIA

Discussion in 'USIA' started by JKSteger, Jun 4, 2006.

1. JKSteger

JKSteger D/M Wannabee ! ! !

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I have a custom Aqua Delux and would like to order the dry glove system for it thru my LDS BUT...How would they work when I have thoes velcro "cuffs" over my wrist seals? Can they be removed or should they be folded back or something?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. USIA

USIA Dive Equipment Manufacturer

Our dry glove system works excellent with our suits as our suits were designed with the idea of using a dry glove system. The wraps on the end of the suit will extend around the rings and tighten down. I would not remove the wraps because they provide much need protection.

3. JKSteger

JKSteger D/M Wannabee ! ! !

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Thanks,
    I just didn't know. I'm thinking I'm going to order them soon to beat the fall/winter rush of orders.

Jeremy

4. USIA

We're usually pretty well stocked up.

5. Riverrat Dave

Riverrat Dave Divemaster

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    USIA, I went to purchase some dry suit gloves from my LDS but the rings are too small for my hands... What now? These were the gloves that you guys sell for your suits.

6. USIA

Eeeks! I've heard that complaint before from a few of our bigger customers. I don't really know of a different glove system that may be a bit bigger. The problem is that the rings are made in Sweden and I don't think I have ever seen a Swede from Si Tech over 5'7". Oh Inger, I'm kidding.

7. Riverrat Dave

Riverrat Dave Divemaster

Well, i got back with my LDS and he recommended a system from viking... now it fits over my hands, now I just have to install them. It should not be a problem, and you are right about the size thing... I am 6'4" with a larger frame.

8. Riverrat Dave

Riverrat Dave Divemaster

Jerry, we tried the viking gloves and they did not fit in the sleeve of the suit... I guess I'll have to keep my hands wet until I can find something else... Maybe this is something to look into?