Dry glove systems for DUI Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You got any suggestions on how to get the O rings off without destroying them and/or the seals?

The gloves have so much play to them lengthwise I should be OK.

You got any suggestions on how to get the O rings off without destroying them and/or the seals?

Warm them under a hot sink or ask Bob/someone w stronger hands assist. A credit card or properly shaped spudger can help, but obv take care not to nick the seals.

Thanks. I still have the little red plastic tool from my former Ultima rings. Will try that.

I made a Very short video to show the Kubi ring moving and added a couple pictures - attached to my Zip Seal.
I would take @grantctobin advice and eliminate the gap on the cuff side.
In my pictures you can see I have the Cuff ring very close to the Zip Seal. My Kubi Rings are 110mm DIA.

shows Kubi cuff rings attached to DUI zip seal cuff.
upload_2021-4-21_12-15-8.png

shows Kubi glove connected but not completely seated in the Kubi cuff ring.
upload_2021-4-21_12-14-20.png

I use a plastic card and for the ones over the glove I just pull the rubber glove to release the o-ring.

I'm surprised to see these installed on silicone seals- I didn't think it could be done. That being said I would imagine latex seals would be easier to put the rings on. Not to mention the silicone seals barely stand up to abuse.

also re: wrist warmers, i find them to make a pretty big difference w.r.t. warmth, but i find it easier to use two pieces of surgical tubing for equalization, and then i wear the wrist warmers over my liners (and over the wrist seals). slightly roomier gloves may help if you're having trouble fitting your hands into the gloves with liners and wrist warmers.

I'm surprised to see these installed on silicone seals- I didn't think it could be done. That being said I would imagine latex seals would be easier to put the rings on. Not to mention the silicone seals barely stand up to abuse.

also re: wrist warmers, i find them to make a pretty big difference w.r.t. warmth, but i find it easier to use two pieces of surgical tubing for equalization, and then i wear the wrist warmers over my liners (and over the wrist seals). slightly roomier gloves may help if you're having trouble fitting your hands into the gloves with liners and wrist warmers.

Someone earlier reported several dive buddies used them on silicone with no problem. I used the Viking pullover cuffs with the same seals.

I have short fingers. That was my problem with all the pullover gloves I had tried. Fingers were much too long. You try getting geared up with 1” extra glove flopping around at the end of your fingers! I have some different gloves on the way. But bigger gloves generally means longer fingers.

I made a Very short video to show the Kubi ring moving and added a couple pictures - attached to my Zip Seal.
I would take @grantctobin advice and eliminate the gap on the cuff side.
In my pictures you can see I have the Cuff ring very close to the Zip Seal. My Kubi Rings are 110mm DIA.

shows Kubi cuff rings attached to DUI zip seal cuff.
View attachment 654714

shows Kubi glove connected but not completely seated in the Kubi cuff ring.
View attachment 654713

Thanks. Will check these out later.

Got Showa 720 (blue) and Ansell AlphaTec 58-735 (recommended by @tmassey) today. Both in medium. Neither fit the FE neoprene liners. Both fit with the FE fleece liners, the Showa has the best fit. Please they were the cheapest. Putting the Showa gloves on the rings tonight.

Found this thread on mounting the Showa gloves on the Kubi rings.

How to Load Smurf Gloves (SHOWA 660, 620, 720) on KUBI Rings

I've gotten the glove/O ring combo over the cuff ring several times, but always end up with a HUGE fold that's not under the O ring and is hanging out. Giving up for the evening. I'll probably end up having dive buddy help me on Saturday. I stuffed the cuff rings into the gloves to stretch them out some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom