Dry Gloves and Goodman Handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just ordered a Seaskin Nova which will have the Kubi dry glove system. I'm also looking to get a new light that I can secure to my hand with a Goodman Handle. As this is my first drysuit, is it possible to use a light with Goodman Handle on the dry glove system? Thanks.

Absolutely possible. Although I prefer a soft goodman handle to the hard handle, personally.

DW

5_bts_91_1_93_.jpg

handhw3-jpg.415576.jpg

dive-like-a-pro-july-3.jpg

fwTas6WPt8rmIWOGZThAGhy4Hl6MYEMmWQRF8jN8hRBNsJ3N071oWyDakb8-GdVIYYvJPU-7tHVfocl20W54RRe-Z6tBk2BR.jpg

This depends on the length of your primary light. If you have an HID, for example, you will need a means to raise the light head to clear the cuff ring. If you have a very short body light, such as with a Light Motion Sola or an UWLD, you won't have any problems.

When I used a Light Monkey HID35, I installed a second base plate on the good man handle. The lower plate applied pressure to the top of my hand. The second raised the light head to allow it to clear above the plastic rings of my dry glove system (Si Tech Quick Glove).

Hope this helps,
O.

I use a Goodman handle with my DUI gloves, I have found the rigid handle to be superior as it allows me to put on and take off the light easily. Example being if I need to work with my hands underwater, I remove the light and clip it on a d ring so I am not waving the light around wildly (and shining it in my own or my buddy's eyes).

Sounds like there's plenty of options.

MaxBottomtime - great photos! Thanks.

rock92 - can you tell me if your Goodman Handle is specific your light, or, can it hold different lights? I'm looking for a non-specific handle that's easy to get on and off the dry glove.

Back
Top Bottom