Dry suit for PSD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have left the warm waters of Hawaii and am back home in Alaska and am looking at dry suits. Not sure this the best spot to post but I can't find a dry suit section. So here goes. Im looking for a dry suit that will withstand the riggors of S&R, salvage and PSD type work. First suit I looked at real close was the DUI crushed neoprene, don't rember the model number. I liked it but wanted to check to see what else was out there and get recomendations. Thanks in advance!

OK, part of living where I do is real slow internet service too. Finaly found the dry suit sectiond and poked around. Im a big fan of Whites other products and Im sure Id like the suit also. This brought up another question. They have HAZMAT suits but are reqular dry suits OK for going through diesel and light motor oil or would that harm them?

Wildcard:
OK, part of living where I do is real slow internet service too. Finaly found the dry suit sectiond and poked around. Im a big fan of Whites other products and Im sure Id like the suit also. This brought up another question. They have HAZMAT suits but are reqular dry suits OK for going through diesel and light motor oil or would that harm them?

Just check under Hazmat suit their should have a Chemical resistance ratings.
www.whitescoldwater.com
Vikings are also good suit for any kind of Hazmat.

Cheers

The DUI crushed is a good suit but drying time on any crushed suit is a lot longer.

We use DUI tls 350's, Whites and Viking. The 350's are the teams main line issue suits. We are not replacing the Whites when the wear out. The Vikings are a great HazMat suit due to the sealant being on the outside.

As far as gas and oils go all have served us very well. We normally have the fire units foam us down and the gear is squeaky clean.

We just had 6 of our DUI's checked and repaired by DUI. All of them were over 10 years old and only one, with over 2000 dives on it, needed it's zipper replaced. Not bad as better than 75% of it's dives were working dives.

Good luck picking.

Gary D.

Whites and Viking put out suits designed for this type of diving. Becuase of the varied diving conditions you may opt for a rubatex type suit material that can withstand the HAZMAt issues and one that is highly visible for safety

Thanks for the input. Mainly due to cost, Im leaniong twards the Whites. I use some of there other products (boots, metal detectors) and have been very happy. ANy other input?

I have used the Viking and Nokia Exposure suits for haz-mat. Both handled well but the Nokia was sealed after puntures with duct tape! Some kind of Plastic type stuff, very stiff but My Son still uses it after 5yrs. Of Course He uses it for sport diving not for work. The DUI CF 200 has outlasted both the other two suits and has greater flexibility. The 7mm Neoprene is much warmer though,, I've had lots and lots of suits over 32 yrs working in the water.......Bill

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Still open for input as I haven't made up my mind yet. I may wait and see if fire season is half as good as I expect and get the DUI. Don't think I'll have much time for diving this summer and if I do get a few in, my old 7mm should do it.

Trying using the DUI website at:

www.dui-online.com/dog_publicsafety_2005.html

They will send you a free booklet on public safety dive suits. It is very comprehensive and not too much of a sales booklet for DUI products. It should help point you in the right direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom