Drysuit 101

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wtf. I knew I should have just bought a bare and waited for it to get here

I would have gone USIA before I went with either of them, but there's nothing wrong with the suit. If you got a good deal then you got a good deal and enjoy it.

Yukon is their base model suit, you can't expect the same fit and finish from a $1500 suit that you would out of their suits that cost twice as much. I work in that industry, I promise you it isn't the fabrics they make them out of, it's the labor that goes into making them.

Fix the loose ends and call it a day, isn't worth worrying about

I thought about usia, the aqua deluxe in particular. Anyway. It is what it is.
Live learn, if it lasts more than 3 years then I'll be happy and buy something new when I get my annual bonus in the spring.

Made in America, patriotism and all that. Good cliff notes. I get that the Yukon is supposed to be somewhat like a universal production suit for entry level. But damn. I really shouldn't be at home thinking about threads unraveling my suit......if I am worried from day 1 diving in my pool, do you think I will recommend I to my buddy? Probably not.

Don't get too wound up about it. Judge it by how it works and holds up, not a few thread ends.

If you bought it new, it has a warranty, right?

Don't get too wound up about it. Judge it by how it works and holds up, not a few thread ends.

If you bought it new, it has a warranty, right?

It was an open box item. I was told someone ordered it got in the pool with it once and decided they didn't want it. Not sure how that warranty would work. Came from dris

It was an open box item. I was told someone ordered it got in the pool with it once and decided they didn't want it. Not sure how that warranty would work. Came from dris

I think that by purchasing it through one of the shops that is highly respected by many...even most...here on SB, you should be confident that any issues with the suit, should they occur, will be addressed. I believe that DRIS is a top rate group of folks that stand behind what they sell.

Most places that sell Open Box items say that the item has the same warranty as a new item. DRiS is awesome and I can't imagine they would let you down if you have any issues.

On another note I stopped by REI and got some 200g medium weight base layers. I'm heading to dive ga quarry on Sunday to do the dry suit class. Basically just paying for a buddy because I think I have everything worked out in my pool. Going to try to get the guy to take me down to 130ft. I want to compare the thermoclines and get a feel for what thermal protection I might need. I don't know if he will or not though.
Also, this place refuses to fill nitrox tanks that don't have an o2 clean sticker from them, or a PSI sticker?? They said the o2 clean sticker from another shop isn't good enough. Have any of you run into this before?

On another note I stopped by REI and got some 200g medium weight base layers. I'm heading to dive ga quarry on Sunday to do the dry suit class. Basically just paying for a buddy because I think I have everything worked out in my pool. Going to try to get the guy to take me down to 130ft. I want to compare the thermoclines and get a feel for what thermal protection I might need. I don't know if he will or not though.
Also, this place refuses to fill nitrox tanks that don't have an o2 clean sticker from them, or a PSI sticker?? They said the o2 clean sticker from another shop isn't good enough. Have any of you run into this before?

annoyingly yes which is why I have my own o2 generator and compressor and if I have to get fills locally, I only get air fills on top of whatever I put in there. It still amazes me that dive shops don't bank EAN30 or 32

Dive Georgia is the only shop I have ever dealt with that had this policy, but I have heard of others experiencing these types of policies in other locations. Dive Georgia has a PSI-PCI Instructor on staff and they sell PSI-PCI cylinder inspector training. This is a case where it is "their shop, their rules". I would look for another shop for your Nitrox fills. I think it is out of your way, but Peachtree Dive Center in Peachtree City banks 32%.

Back
Top Bottom