Drysuit and drysuit course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have about 80 dives on my Emotion. The suit is well made, very light and comfortable but very, very fragile. I have multiple pinholes on the chest and stomach, mostly from Zodiac (RIB) reentry. Plastic zipper has been awesome, latex neck seal too. Bottle wrist seals are a bit less flexible than I'd like them to be; my forearms tend to be wet after certain types of dives, especially DPV, valve drill practice, etc. The thigh pockets are excellent.

I am looking into buying an Elite as a new primary suit, just as @C Dub mentioned above. I heard the legs are way too roomy on this model though. Need to find one to try on.

Last edited:
I have about 80 dives on my Emotion. The suit is well made, very light and comfortable but very, very fragile. I have multiple pinholes on the chest and stomach, mostly from Zodiac (RIB) reentry. Plastic zipper has been awesome, latex neck seal too. Bottle wrist seals are a bit less flexible than I'd like them to be; my forearms tend to be wet after certain types of dives, especially DPV, valve drill practice, etc. The thigh pockets are excellent.

I am looking into buying an Elite as a new primary suit, just as @C Dub mentioned above. I heard the legs are way too roomy on this model though. Need to find one to try on.
Thank you !

Thank you !
You are welcome. As far as the training goes, ask your instructor if s/he would be willing to sell you a day-long private lesson rather than a formal class. This is what I did.

The suit is well made, very light and comfortable but very, very fragile. I have multiple pinholes on the chest and stomach, mostly from Zodiac (RIB) reentry.
Does anyone know how the E-Motion plus is holding on in this regard? I love my E-Lite, and I'am looking for second/backup suit.

You are welcome. As far as the training goes, ask your instructor if s/he would be willing to sell you a day-long private lesson rather than a formal class. This is what I did.
I was thinking about doing the course and also doing a day of private training to make it two days of drysuit training

I was thinking about doing the course and also doing a day of private training to make it two days of drysuit training
It's well worth it. Getting the weight in the right place can be tricky to sort out on your own. Often there's no time in class to get this right.

Emotion+ has the exact same material on the torso as the Emotion so I wouldn't expect it to behave differently. A great looking suit though.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. Looks great, but I really do like the toughness of my E-Lite. Decisions, decisions...:)

I'm also looking at the Espace, if anyone has experience with it I would like to hear about it ,thanks

If you plan to take it on trips as airline baggage, E-motion/E-motion+ weigh less than the E-lite. Despite the connotation of the name, the E-lite is heavier, not lighter than the E-motion. I guess it should be pronounced like "elite."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom