Drysuit Exhaust Valve Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webcubus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On a recent dive, the plastic cover of my Whites Fusion Tech exhaust valve disappeared. The rest of the valve is intact and still appears to work correctly after inflating the suit in my basement and venting.

Two questions:

1) Anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement plastic cover? I'd rather not spend $90 on a new valve just to replace a piece of plastic. I've got an email out to SiTech, but at least one dive shop said they don't sell parts.

2) Is there any harm in diving without the cover? I know it's possible some debris could get in there, but that's also technically possible with the cover on. I know I also need to make sure not to loosen it up to the point that the spring assembly pops out, but I'll just open it up as far as I can without risking it coming open and proceed to not fiddle with it while I'm diving.

TIA for your advice! Here are some pics for reference.

Healthy valve:
FusionSMexhaust.jpg

My valve:
Ph9_prsypUAJuue-mqQWYLfwxEN2JLpARc_rg5ApKlFbtyXe-_QAQdKPh1zx4JcyLjpx92b-UNQRTuhzYiGGezMQlSYfcXC-7lvYwPMPVX4oLjMcSD5_6OCe6JD57txkPMdChLdsi0T9eoN7u_2jpMiN2qUyD2M56s6Z8YilIy7-qu3BPKkCo_KL7uNTu6xy7WJhzZg9oxyvAHgNkcPS5uswiwtK_Fcw5dmIxsnIbo3HGvJXvtVJDuZZuVZYHZObYx9AAce1aoS_CskJeof9djYgr7kNLwm-r2m1XF6ICL9ct1-LkX78YTxnEQi4Ikp8Bt06F6WSscvQFG3OlDGxLt9kqlP9NOBCmaSEC9ncc6vCaEprEGDyQyNS5GEeuvRZseiT4i8rgPrXUBbmi65CBSRbKL66DcWmVWLK9PnGFh7wxvJyRhGXxj8DbpQ21rSbyW4Dz2ZF8WTkP1JaqzkgzG9VtxqBX8xpawapPsk1uuApBrMViyQOnI_3D_WZDxkaH9VF2oyu1nkJWOM5BDPbC1yBZ4eTXEkRH7MVzHC2wplyZrEK9OpVD47hFGJd3r-g-XT6qnWnYZznfnUCMPlyp3foHy06i-ZX=w2064-h1548-no

I tend to hit the stop on my valve during the dive. I run the valve closed at the start of the dive and open it as I come up. I wouldn't trust my discipline not to fiddle with the valve during the dive.

I would contact DRIS as they do see a lot of drysuits or your local aqualung dealer since they now own whites. If you lose the spring then you are ordering a new valve anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom