Drysuit Fins for Sizes 8 and 9 Bare Trek Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melicertes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife and I each have a pair of Bare Trek boots; she has the size 8's and I have the 9's. We're both looking for new fins and after doing a bit of searching through past threads here on SB I've narrowed it down to either the XS Turtles or the OMS Slipstreams.

Question 1: From other threads on SB it appears that the XXL Slips should should be a good fit for my size 9 Bare Treks; can anybody confirm this?

Question 2: As for my wife's size 8 Treks, would the XXL Slips also be the size to go for or would it be best to go for the XL?

Question 3: Lastly, between the Slipstreams and the Turtles, which would be the better choice and why?

Thanks for your input!
:coffee:

Last edited:
I'm going to vote for a different fin - the APS Mantaray - I love these fins and find them superior to most as well as nice and compact. For those I would recommend the XL size for you and either the L or XL for your wife.

I know I am a little off-topic as these aren't on your list - just a suggestion.

I'm going to vote for a different fin - the APS Mantaray - I love these fins and find them superior to most as well as nice and compact. For those I would recommend the XL size for you and either the L or XL for your wife.

I know I am a little off-topic as these aren't on your list - just a suggestion.

I have not looked at the APS Mantarays at all so thanks for the suggestion. :coffee:

Does anybody else have comments on the APS Mantarays in addition to the Slipstreams and Turtles?

Last edited:
Take your Boots to your LDS and try them on if you can.
Up here in Alaska with my Whites Legend I have been very happy with my Force Fin Military SD1's. Be safe and have fun diving with your wife

Take your Boots to your LDS and try them on if you can.
Up here in Alaska with my Whites Legend I have been very happy with my Force Fin Military SD1's. Be safe and have fun diving with your wife
Thanks for the input but at $499 a pair they are way outside of my budget range no matter how nice they may be. I'd love to give them a try but forking out >$1,000 for two pairs of fins is just not possible for me. Besides that, we're both very happy with our Cressi-Sub Pro Lights for wet diving and it kind of bites to have to shell at more $$ for new fins when we have a perfectly working set each except for the fit over the Trek boots. Right now I am considering even tossing the Treks entirely and taking my Cressi's sneaker shopping, but then I might change my mind again later today (theoretically I like the Turtles and apparently they've got a good reputation around here). :D:coffee:

Years ago, I had a pair of Cressi Frog's and they gave me years of good service.
As for my Force Fins, I know they are very expensive But, for me they are worth it as I can adjust them for a wetsuit bootie and my drysuit.
I used jets and turtles in my Camoflage days and they willl do the job.

Years ago, I had a pair of Cressi Frog's and they gave me years of good service.
As for my Force Fins, I know they are very expensive But, for me they are worth it as I can adjust them for a wetsuit bootie and my drysuit.
I used jets and turtles in my Camoflage days and they willl do the job.
Thanks for the input uncleavi. I opted to go with one pair of the size XL OMS Slipstreams for now. If they turn out to be a good fit and I'm happy with their performance I'll get a second pair for my wife.

Sounds Good and I hope the two of you get out there and enjoy the water!
Oh you bet your boots on that being the plan! :D:coffee:

If it helps someone else in the future I got my size XL OMS Slipstreams this week and they fit my US Size 9 Bare Trek Boots perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom