DIR- GUE Drysuit Front Zipper Orientation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Otter suit is left shoulder to right hip. My HOG (USIA made) is right shoulder to left hip. I prefer the Otter as I am right handed and it feels more natural to reach across with the right hand.

Pee Valves are without question very useful, but I know many people who don't bother to install them for dives under an hour. However, it can happen that exactly these divers then urgently need to go to the toilet.

Pee valves: the second most important thing invented for scuba diving.

So does anyone know why Santi started using right shoulder to left hip on their newer suits?

As mentioned earlier..

More room on smaller sized suits ... the zippers and valves don’t scale down with smaller suits, so they would interfere with each other (either physically, or restricted shoulder movement).

If you change the orientation of the zipper, you eliminate that issue (shoulder zipper and dump valve).

Most custom drysuit manufacturers can accommodate that request.

_R

Personaly, I can zip myself in and out of "back zippered" suit without any problem :)
Depends on the suit, methinks. My dive buddy has a back-zip drysuit that he can wrangle by himself, but it's impossible to open or close my back-zip model without help.

But of course, you could also have super-long monkey arms and/or be ultra-flexible due to Marfan's Syndrome.

So does anyone know why Santi started using right shoulder to left hip on their newer suits?
I'm pretty sure it was an option when I ordered my Santi suit last October. I chose right shoulder to left hip, it may be that they would not have done left shoulder to right hip if I had selected that option?

Depends on the suit, methinks. My dive buddy has a back-zip drysuit that he can wrangle by himself, but it's impossible to open or close my back-zip model without help.

But of course, you could also have super-long monkey arms and/or be ultra-flexible due to Marfan's Syndrome.
wax wax and wax:)
You can also attach your spool's double ender to the zip, take the spool around a strong object and back to the zip and then move with style :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom