Drysuit hose when not using a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
when not using a drysuit, is it best to remove the drysuit hose everytime you use a wetsuit or can I just tuck it and leave it ?

I remove it but when I forget I tuck it in and forget it. It’s part of my travel plans to check IP and remove the hose.

I usually just tuck mine unless I am going on a trip to a warm blue water destination. Here in Oklahoma, even in the summer, diving in our local diving holes there is a thermocline. Diving below it requires either a drysuit or thick wetsuit.

If I won't be diving dry for awhile I typically remove it. However, as CuzzA mentioned, you can utilize it. I like to use the drysuit inflator hose as an SMB inflator when an SMB is required. But otherwise just tuck it under a strap or your waste-band and forget it.

I agree with all. Going to dive Mexico next two weeks. I will remove it. When I come home I will put it back on for ice diving.

SMB inflator:

msdairnozzle%5B2%5D1.jpg

Like the other posters, if I’m only doing one dive wet I’ll leave the hose connected and just tuck it out of the way or wrap it around the valve. Anything more than one or two dives wet, I’ll remove it as it takes no time whatsoever to do.

I leave it on. I have a bolt snap tied onto the end of mine like you would with the long hose or SPG so I can clip it off if I'm diving wet, on CCR, or have a suit inflation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom