Drysuit hose when not using a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tmassey 6'4", 32" inseam. The long plate is the difference in me being able to comfortably dive a one-piece harness and requiring a chest strap. It quite literally changed the way I dive when I got my first DSS plate and was part of the reason I became such an avid support of his brand. Many other tall people have similar stories. At 6'2" the long plate from him is probably a bit too long for you, but his large plate is still a couple inches longer than the standard plate which is helpful. Unfortunately I heard someone took the last one from NESS last week.
One interesting downside to the long plate though is the 7' hose became too short. I can use them with a ball swivel, but not without.

If the harness is comfortable for you now, no real reason to go around changing plates, but the drysuit hose may be a bit on the long side unless you have a big chest *I have a 50" chest, 36" waist, so in sidemount especially my hoses are quite a bit longer than most peoples. Shortening that by a couple of inches if you can may allow you to clip it off more easily.

@tmassey 6'4", 32" inseam. The long plate is the difference in me being able to comfortably dive a one-piece harness and requiring a chest strap. It quite literally changed the way I dive when I got my first DSS plate and was part of the reason I became such an avid support of his brand. Many other tall people have similar stories. At 6'2" the long plate from him is probably a bit too long for you, but his large plate is still a couple inches longer than the standard plate.

Boy, someone with an even longer torso than me... One-piece wetsuits and underwear must be just right out for you! :)

The waist strap is annoyingly high on me: the combination of high plate point and low crotch strap point makes it a V, not a line. On land it’s uncomfortable, but in the water much less so. If I can come across a longer plate I’ll give it a try. I can see how the long hose could be an issue: I figure I have about 4” to play with before mobility would be affected. Canister light cord would be an issue too: I don’t have 2” extra there with full arm extension...

In any case, thanks for the info and to the OP for the brief thread hijack!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom