• Welcome to ScubaBoard


  1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

    Benefits of registering include

    • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

    Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

drysuit in hot shed...

Discussion in 'Exposure Suits' started by Bowers, Aug 20, 2019.

  1. Bowers

    Bowers Public Safety Diver

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Ohio
    282
    169
    43
    as an update, i think im going to buy a solar power roof vent fan. the research im finding shows it doing a pretty good job at keeping temps close to ambient, and they're inexpensive.
    also, after completely regluing the drysuit, i tried it in the pool a couple days ago. I noted a few small leaks still, found them and glued some more. then did a 20min pool dive today and came out bone dry!!! pb300 and some patient work payed off!
     
    laikabear likes this.
  2. Peter Slater

    Peter Slater Solo Diver

    # of Dives: 50 - 99
    Location: Cleveland
    58
    19
    8
    Great that everything worked out in the end. Can you share any details of the repair process? Might help someone in the future.
     
  3. Bowers

    Bowers Public Safety Diver

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Ohio
    282
    169
    43
    since every seam was compromised the repair was fairly straight forward. i used pb300 per some recommendations here on SB and it worked great (time will tell of the quality). with suit turned inside out, i started at the feet and worked my way up. the surfaces were wiped with a clean damp paper towel, then glue was brushed on a few inches at a time. seams were held togeter using wax paper and my fingers for about 30 seconds, rubbed out flat then let dry for 5-10 minutes before i started on the next several inches.
    something to note is that the leaks i still had on my first pool test were all at junctions were multiple seams came together and the corner looked good but when "wiggled" a bit would show a small gap. so give those areas extra attention.
     
    laikabear and Peter Slater like this.

Share This Page