Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can call showa and request up to 3 free samples. 3 pairs should last you 10 years. You will never use any other glove, they are that good.

Reactions: Zef
You can call showa and request up to 3 free samples. 3 pairs should last you 10 years. You will never use any other glove, they are that good.

People rave about the Showas but I thought that they cut way too easily. My go-to is now a simple latex pullover glove.

I have the D7X Nylotech, with Ultima rings.
Absolutely brilliant piece of kit, my only advice is to toss the latex drygloves and get a pair of Showa 720, they are absolutely amazing.
I've used mine down to 10 degrees celsius without a glove under and I didn't get cold hands at all.
Trim back the wrist seals so the gas in your suit can travel to and from your gloves easily, makes a big difference for how cold your hands will get.

it seems that it takes quite some weight to sink it
If so, that just means that the built-in undersuit is nice and warm. A D7 with the same thickness undersuit would need just as much weight.

Insulation = air = buoyancy = lead. The physics is pretty simple.

Looking at acquiring one of these. When you say 'peculiar' do you mean cut for skinny european folks not americans who eat bacon and drink beer?
I am actually a skinny European but eat bacon and drink beer. No the cut is extremely roomy in the chest and leg area. Would be a perfect fit for Arnold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom