Drysuit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PVC Pipe. Cheap, easy to cut, and you can stick a hair dryer in the bottom of each tube if you want. Put a "t" with a cap on the end to direct the air and have a rounded surface to make contact with the soles of the boots. The issue with using wood is that the wood may absorb some of the moisture and actually take longer to dry the suit.

That makes sense I suppose.
Local hardware store has 5cm PVC pipe which should do the job just fine, thinking that would be a good and cheap option.
Coupled with PC fans and maybe even a desktop one should make drying quick enough!

So, I know pretty much everyone says to store your drysuit hanging by the boots.
I live in a rental apartment and don't feel like screwing a hook in the ceiling in any of the rooms.
I just got my Waterproof drysuit and when reading the manual for it I came across a piece that said it was fine to store it in the bag it came in, assuming it's dry.
However, it's not going to be dry after a dive and a wash, it's going to be proper wet and will need to hang for a bit to dry off.
How do you hang yours?
I've started sketching on a tall stand to hang it from but I'm curious to see how others handle theirs.
Again, I'm in a rental apartment and definitely don't want to drill holes in the ceiling for a hook to hang it from, I'm guessing my best bet is to get some timber and make a tall stand to hang it from, despite WP saying in their manual that it's fine to store it in the bag they sent it in.
My ceiling height is ~235cm and I'm about 180cm tall so it would not really be tall enough to hang it without the arms touching the floor a little bit, but I'm guessing having the ends of the arms touching the floor a little bit is preferable to having it rolled up in a bag.
Thoughts?

D...

I store my dry suit on a wide frame open grid dry suit hanger...dry zipper open...outer protective zipper closed...clean...dry...lubed...

I have a custom made suit ''over-bag''...hangs from my store room overhead horizontal hanger-rod...which is approx 8 ft off the floor...

I've always preferred ''soft feet'' suits which can be completely turned inside-out for proper cleaning and drying...

Leaving your suit hanging uncovered is not good as the suits biggest enemy is UV...

Best...

Warren

D...

I store my dry suit on a wide frame open grid dry suit hanger...dry zipper open...outer protective zipper closed...clean...dry...lubed...

I have a custom made suit ''over-bag''...hangs from my store room overhead horizontal hanger-rod...which is approx 8 ft off the floor...

I've always preferred ''soft feet'' suits which can be completely turned inside-out for proper cleaning and drying...

Leaving your suit hanging uncovered is not good as the suits biggest enemy is UV...

Best...

Warren

It would never hang uncovered exposed to UV beams, it would be hanging in my bathroom that is extremely well protected from UV, not even a window in there :wink:
Height will only be a minor issue for the short time it's drying, it's a perfect fit so it shouldn't need more than (if any) very little drying on the inside, outside will be taken care of by a fan or maybe even a dehumidifier in the bathroom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom