Drysuit training in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverAmy

Prism2 CCR Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This might seem like a silly question to you all, but ... any instructors there in Coz do drysuit training? We have White's tropical suits that we have yet to dive with. We're from Florida and intend to dive dry year round once we get the hang of it.

We're thinking about coming to Coz for this long weekend.

With so many instructors in S. Fl, wouldn't it be a snap to set up drysuit class with one of them?

If you intend to use drysuits while in Cozumel, I recommend becoming familiar with their use before you get there. Most of the dive sites are drift dives with moderate to strong current, and will not be optimum for learning how to control buoyancy in a drysuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are experienced Coz divers. All the diving here, where we live is drift diving. No issues there.

Also, we could set up a class here at home, and might, but we were considering a long weekend get away to Coz and thought we might kill two birds, so to speak.

So can anyone address my question?

Troy at Pelagic Ventures is from way north I think.
Or Steve at Tres Pelicanos? he is from AK or something.

you might have a problem finding a dry suit though, huh?

Thanks, cvchief. As my OP mentioned, we already own White's tropical drysuits. We have let two S Florida winters go by without using them. Sometimes I'm slow to pull the trigger on using new equipment.

I don't know for sure but perhaps you can take the ferry over to PC where they do a lot of cave diving and take a class there...

I also have heard of a cave being dived on Coz...I believe Blue Angle has/had a contact for them.

Please post a review of the White Tropical DS. I for one would be very interested in reading it.

Thanks, Oldbear! I was thinking about Playa del Carmen, too. Have been curious about the bull shark dives there. Also we loved Xplore, which we tried on a norte day last year.

Thanks, cvchief. As my OP mentioned, we already own White's tropical drysuits. We have let two S Florida winters go by without using them. Sometimes I'm slow to pull the trigger on using new equipment.

Sorry, my bad. You did say that.

I also have heard of a cave being dived on Coz...I believe Blue Angle has/had a contact for them.
I think the Cozumel caves are available only to specially approved, full cave divers doing studies.

Back
Top Bottom