Drysuit urine management survey - men

What is your usual strategy for managing urine while using a drysuit?

• Condom catheter with P-valve

Votes: 122 60.7%
  • Condom catheter with collection bag

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Adult diaper

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Medication to reduce urine produciton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uretheral catheter with either P-valve or collection bag

• Urinal-type products with either P-valve or collection bag

• Plan dives so that urination during the dive is not necessary

Votes: 66 32.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The old Stroppe Baja race trucks had holes in the floor for the pee tubes. Friend has the '69 Baja winning race truck, and the holes are part of the history.

Not exactly a new idea.

I'm in the 100% P-valve camp.

It only took 1 dive where I had just started deco feeling like I was going to piss myself before I walked into my LDS and bought one (dive-rite un-balanced non-QD).

I was never good at the whole not drinking before a dive so that I didn't have to pee when I was diving thing people like to do.

Rochester wideband is my go to catheter. I usually snip 1/4" off the top and put a wrap of electrical tape to secure it to the line.

Could someone explain what balanced or un-balanced means?
What are the different features available with P-valves and what are the pros and cons of the different options out there.
And also what is the difference between normal dump valve placement and DIR placement of the dump valve when ordering a dry-suit and why.
Thanks in advance.

Balanced means the tube pressure is equal to the pressure in your drysuit, unbalanced means it is equal to ambient pressure. In practise, this means you need to "pre-fill" an unbalanced tube beforehand to prevent a very unpleasant squeeze, whereas you "shouldn't" have to if it's balanced.

ive been having lovely problems only have tried it a handful of times so far. the first outting the qd popped off did a second dive that day and i made sure it clicked still popped off i think the suit squeeze pushed the button or somthing so i took it off and just use the hose barb. some times it feels like theres more back pressure than there should be i think the space between the head and hose barb gets squeezed maybe?

also its weird you train your self all your life not to just pee when ever. and now im trying to reverse that . its really hard trying to pee not holding it also with him aimed up

how do you route the hose in relation to your undergarments? ive been using the up and down routing but i makes a gap where my top should over lap my bottoms do i cut a slit in my top? or do you put a hole in the leg then route the hose up and down under the undergarments ?

Ditch the QD, not worth the headaches.

I poked a hole with a soldering iron in my undergarments to keep the little guy hanging in it's natural state

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom