drysuit weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LI Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
all else being equal do I need more,less or the same weight when switching from a crushed neoprene (cf200) to a Tri Lam (TLS 350) ?? Thanks

Depends on several issues, not the least of which is what thickness thermal protection you are using (under one vs the other) and the respective fit of both suits... generally, a cave-cut neoprene with low-profile thermals presents less buoyancy than a bag style trimlam with thick undies (Weezle for example)

what Steve said. I'd start with the same lead if you're wearing the same undergarments. The CF200 is unique in that it is only 3mm crushed to 1mm, there's not a whole lot of inherent buoyancy to that suit which is part of what makes it as awesome as it is.

Depends on several issues, not the least of which is what thickness thermal protection you are using (under one vs the other) and the respective fit of both suits... generally, a cave-cut neoprene with low-profile thermals presents less buoyancy than a bag style trimlam with thick undies (Weezle for example)

I am planning on using a double layer fleece (pinnacle temperate) undergarment
It is definitely looser fitting than my cf200

When you find out be sure to tell us!

I have both CF200 and TLS350 at the same time. TLS need slightly more weight in my case. CF material is actually slightly negative.

Lots of good advise, IMO the only reliable way is to get in the water with near empty kit and do the buoyancy check.

I have both CF200 and TLS350 at the same time. TLS need slightly more weight in my case.
Is that with the same undergarment in both suits? I'm wondering if the CF200 adds any insulation or is it just a more durable form of bag suit?

Back
Top Bottom