DS Boot Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2O 70

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got a DS and it has neoprene socks and requires boots.

My street shoes are size 12.

The socks of the DS are size 11. When I put on a nice thick pair of wool socks, the neoprene socks fit perfectly. They is no bunching and they don't compress the wool socks.

I ordered boots that are my street size, size 12.

When I put them on over the neoprene and wool socks, I've got an easy inch in front of my toes to the end of the boot.

I'm semi concerned that theses size 12 boots are a wee bit too large, but I'm more concerned that if I get the next size down, which they only come in full sizes, they are going to be snug and compress everything.

It is a Bare DS and the Bare Trek boots.

I got the boot online and I can easily exchange them, but I would assume not go through the hassle if I can avoid it.

Should I keep the 12's or go down a size?

I wear a size 12 as well, but I also have a wide foot. I have a Hollis Biodry and use the overboots too. I ordered a size 13 overboot, and I also have some extra room in the toe. I was more concerned about the width of dropping to a 12 when I wear the thicker socks. The extra length doesn't bother me, and when I'm in warmer water and wearing regular socks, I can just cinch up the laces for proper compression. My recommendation would be to stay with the 12 and be more comfortable in the width while wearing the thicker socks.

Happy diving!

Snug is good. Are you walking far. Ask Bare. Trying is good to. Are you really a fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom