DSS 12lb or 17lb wing attachment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am looking at putting together a travel BP/W for a single tank using your 12lb or 17lb wing and a commercial diving harness instead of a BP. The commercial harness does not have a ridge running down the center like a BP so I am looking for different ways to attach the wing to the harness other then using the center line grommets. What would you suggest? This is the harness I am using.

IMG_1505.jpg

I am looking at putting together a travel BP/W for a single tank using your 12lb or 17lb wing and a commercial diving harness instead of a BP. The commercial harness does not have a ridge running down the center like a BP so I am looking for different ways to attach the wing to the harness other then using the center line grommets. What would you suggest? This is the harness I am using.

View attachment 144702

The DSS Super Scooter 12 is *NOT* designed for back mounting to any plate. All other DSS singles wings, including the Torus 17 are designed to be retained on the plate via a pair of 2 inch cambands. From the looks of your plate neither will work, sorry.

Tobin

It is my intention to extend the slots on the harness to accept 2" cam bands. The slots on the Miller harness (pictured) are 2 3/4" apart and the upper set is 4 1/2" above the lower set. I also have a bell harness where the slots are 2 1/2" apart and the upper set is 6" above the lower set. The slots themselves are 3/4" long so I could extend them another 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" in either direction. The preexisting slots on the bell harness come the closest to the slots on a standard backplate. How far apart would the 2" cam bands need to be in order to fit the Torus 17? My understanding was the Super Scooter 12 was to be attached to a back plate but that it was not able also attach a back mounted tank on top of it. If that is not correct then what are you mounting the 12 to?

Back
Top Bottom