DSS coolest comeback or innocuous decease?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is DeepSeaSupply coming back or is it gone with the wind? Tobin?

Tobin's facebook page is all I can find for clues. The last post I can see on the subject is a "Not sure" reply to someone asking when he is going to be open for business again at the beginning of February. Note that his DSS scuba business is not the only business that Tobin runs, so his answer is even more vague when you add that in. He does have recent posts about getting his new building set up though, so it appears progress is being made.

Tobin's facebook page is all I can find for clues. The last post I can see on the subject is a "Not sure" reply to someone asking when he is going to be open for business again at the beginning of February. Note that his DSS scuba business is not the only business that Tobin runs, so his answer is even more vague when you add that in. He does have recent posts about getting his new building set up though, so it appears progress is being made.

Thank you for the information. I am planning to expand the DSS rig I do have and was wondering, whether it will come back or may be the brand is out. Let's be patient and wait.

His Facebook page also says "worked" for deep sea supply . Past tense. I would hope if he hangs it up he would at least try to sell the backplate design. I really love the injection molded slots

Sure hope he is not gone. Looking to get a friend a BP and wing.

I'd bet he will come back, but without a timeframe. Moving a business and getting it running well in a new environment takes time, eventually things will be running as they did, and he will have time for a hobby.

Bob

Hopefully DSS will be back. Tobin makes "good stuff"

I’m waiting for Tobin also. He can be opinionated but he knows his stuff, makes good kit, readily gives advice whenever I’ve reached out to him and won’t sell you anything you don’t need.

I have a 17lbs wing but think I might need to add a slightly higher rated wing. A full ZooKeeper of lionfish makes it touch and go for bouyancy at the surface!

Cheers!

To pile on and hopefully give a bit of encouragement to Tobin... I also wish him well and hope to see his speedy return. I'm also an engineer (CTO of a software company) and understand that mindset. I actually look forward to the day I can speak with him about his products. Moves and product development are sort of like wine... they're ready when they're ready... and you don't want to experience them before they're ready.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom