DSS in 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobin,
On a similar note, is it possible to supply the 1000 or 1050 cordura in my color of choice to have a wing made? I'm thinking a wing made out of 'Ranger Green', a type of OD used by the Army, would be kind've cool. One of my suppliers manufactures tons of nylon gear for the MIL so I have a ready supply.

Thanks!

BTW, thanks for taking time to participate on the board. It is very much appreciated, and one of the reason I'll be going DSS as much as possible as I build up my BP/W. Also, Brian from Heartland Scuba out here in Lincoln speaks highly of you.

GIFFMANN:
Tobin,
On a similar note, is it possible to supply the 1000 or 1050 cordura in my color of choice to have a wing made? I'm thinking a wing made out of 'Ranger Green', a type of OD used by the Army, would be kind've cool. One of my suppliers manufactures tons of nylon gear for the MIL so I have a ready supply.

Thanks!

BTW, thanks for taking time to participate on the board. It is very much appreciated, and one of the reason I'll be going DSS as much as possible as I build up my BP/W. Also, Brian from Heartland Scuba out here in Lincoln speaks highly of you.

Giffman,

Thanks for the kind words. Colors other than black mean 1000 denier cordura, not 1050 ballistic. We build only zippered wings out of the 1000 den materials, no Torus wings.

We have on hand black 1050 ballistic, and pink and cammo 1000 denier. If you want to send a small swatch (4" x 4" ) of the OD you want to use I'll take a look at it.

Tobin

Tobin,
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll get a swatch of it out in the next week or so. It is true 1000or 1050 denier DuPont Cordura, I forget which offhand. Same stuff Eagle Industries uses for all their Military contract items such as Armor Carriers and such.

You might remember Eagle by their original name, Scott John. They used to make dive bags back in the day.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom