Dual YS-27DX setup question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pershing

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How can I setup 2 ys-27dx with a camera that only has 1 optical port for an L-type fiber cable? The difuser has no slave port like the ys-110 has, so I have been scratching my head on how this is done. You guys sell a dual pack which describes it as one cable per strobe and then they connect somehow together and then onto the camera. Do I need a Y adapter? If so, part number please, if not a special cable or special difuser maybe? Please clarify this, I currently own one and want to know if is possible in order to buy a second one. Thanks.

HI Pershing-
Dual YS-27's would be configured with a single fiber-optic cable to your first strobe for housings that only have a single cable port or when using the mask set and grommet for non SEA&SEA housings. Then the 2nd strobe would be setup without cable and triggered off the main strobe. This is a reliable system setup and each strobe will fire simultaneously. SEA&SEA housings come standard with either a single cable port (DX-750G/860G) or dual cable ports (DX-5000/DX-8000/DX-1G).

That is awesome, no second cable, I tried it out in the mirror and I had to take the preflash setting off on the slave, but it seems to work great topside. My question is now, if I point the strobes in opposite directions I could start getting missfires on the slave one correct?

Idealy you will have both strobes facing your subject at an angle around 45-60 degrees. The Slave Sensor on the front of the YS-27 will still be able to read the light and trigger the strobe. Be sure not to mask off or block the Slave Sensor in any way. The cordless slave feature works great. Enjoy the new system.

Back
Top Bottom