Duck dive descent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once. And after about half an hour underwater, I took the elevator from ~15m (there's more to the story, but i guess that that's OT here). Never again. If i have to duck dive to get down, I'm underweighted. It may be different in a wetsuit, I really wouldn't know since >90% of my dives have been dry.
I was a little light on a drysuit dive off a boat in the PNW so instead of carefully venting everything I went feet up. After the dive an old guy got me aside and told me that in the PNW they usually just put on a little more lead.

I’ll do this to get me a couple of metres under then I’ll get into proper trim and do a gentle descent.

Same here. Not sure when I started, might have been when I went from a 3mm to 5mm wetsuit; but could have been prior to that.

Duck diver for sure. Isn't that just ducky!??

Depends.
Who I am diving with, depth, vis, shotline, wall etc.My biuddy of choice can be a bit slow equalising until, she gets to around 6 metres, so feet first lets us maintain good contact. If I am on a shotline head first, if it is deep headfirst.

Roger that. Less than a minute and we're at about rec limit depths.

Nice breathing rhythm and a beautiful drop! No wastes energy flailing about.

Stark contrast to some videos.

I rarely try the express lane to the bottom unless I'm planning a CESA and want minimal gas loading. But a nice hot drop feels like the right way to get into the underwater world somehow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom