duck north carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are going to duck Carolina end of May any place to dive ? shore or boat doesn't matter.
no more than 1.5 hrs away. don't really want a long swim from shore we are both 65+.
get tired of beach sitting real fast . both of us are AOW

I think Roanoke Island outfitters in Manteo is the only dive shop in Dare county. I believe they run a six pack during the dive season. They also do guided shore dives.

Dive Charters - Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center

The Triangle wrecks is probably the most popular shore dive location, but there are others. It's around mile post 2 if I recall correctly. Sometimes it's marked. Sometimes it's not. I did that dive with Pam Landrum a few years back from Roanoke Island Outfitters. I'd do it again. I think we had about 45 min of bottom time. It's shallow. I think about 15-20 feet.

Lynnhaven Dive Center in Virginia Beach runs a boat. I don't know if it is running yet. I think that's past the 1.5 h mark from Duck though.

RIO in Manteo, under pressure charters (CAPT JT) and the lions paw in Hatteras Hatteras...those are the only games in town as far as offshore charters. Plenty of shore wreck dive opportunities.

While you are in the outer banks take a morning and have breakfast at the Jolly Roger
in Kill Devil Hills . Great Seafood omelette ! Have a good time diving .
Sea Dwellers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom