DUI boot options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The ones I've tried are the ultra flex and the rock boots. The ultra flex definitely do not have much ankle support compared to the rock boots.

My question is what is the support comparisons for the other 2 options?

The ones I've tried are the ultra flex and the rock boots. The ultra flex definitely do not have much ankle support compared to the rock boots.

My question is what is the support comparisons for the other 2 options?

FN...

Your question is a little unclear...

My DUI CF 200 has soft feet...allows suit to be ''completely'' turned inside out for proper cleaning and drying...

I have two pair of DUI rock boots as shown in the attached photo...size 11...and size 12...the larger size allows a thicker sock to be worn without cramping/pinching...

Also...if a suit with attached boots needs boot replacement...you loose the suit while the re-booting work is being performed...with soft feet it's just a matter of replacing the rock boots...

For their relatively inexpensive cost...DUI rock boots quality is excellent...and generously sized...soft padded collar makes them very comfortable...

As far as ankle support...any lace-up shoe...will provide more ankle support than any slip-on boot...

W...

DUI Rock boots....jpg

DUI has 4 options for there drysuits 3 are attached boots and then rock boots I've tried the two I listed above, I'm wondering about the other 2.

Other 2 are Turbo Soles (crushed neoprene sock with .hard rubber sole glued on) and Turbo Tec (same as above with kevlar reinforcement on the top and heel).

Personally, i like more flexibility in the ankle for finning so i don't use Rock Boots, but to each their own.

The other two options are the TurboSole and TurboTec Sole. They are basically the same thing but the TurboTec Sole has kevlar patches glued into high wear areas. I prefer both of these over Rock Boots as I get better fin feedback for kicking. Rock Boots are great for shore diving / hiking down to dive sites but they are also one more thing to remember and forget. I don't believe the TurboSoles provide as much ankle support in my opinion compared to Rock Boots.

I prefer integrated TurboTech Soles but it's just me. A lot of people use Converse All Stars instead of DUI Rock Boots. They're cheaper and come in variety of sizes. Any Canvas type shoe will work over socks

I've used both options for a while. The TurboTec Sole does make the boots slightly harder to get on since it doesn't stretch as much with the kevlar attached. The kevlar also has a habit of eventually coming off the boots and requiring you to re-glue it on. It takes a while but it happens. It does make the boots more durable in my opinion. You will eventually wear holes in the TurboSoles, it just takes a while.

I don't have any experience with the FlexSoles as they are only a recent option in past few years with DUI drysuits.

Ok, thanks I'll likely go back to rock boots, lots of shore diving here.

I have had several DUI drysuits with the socks and rockboots, and the turbo soles. Personally I hate all the DUI boot choices. The best thing I ever did for my drysuit was have Dive Right In Scuba replace the DUI boots with the
Ultimate Replacement Drysuit Boot Ultimate Replacement Drysuit Boot. You could replace them yourself if you are so inclined, but I just had DRIS do it for me. Between shipping both ways I had my drysuit back within 2 weeks.

I have had several DUI drysuits with the socks and rockboots, and the turbo soles. Personally I hate all the DUI boot choices. The best thing I ever did for my drysuit was have Dive Right In Scuba replace the DUI boots with the
Ultimate Replacement Drysuit Boot Ultimate Replacement Drysuit Boot. You could replace them yourself if you are so inclined, but I just had DRIS do it for me. Between shipping both ways I had my drysuit back within 2 weeks.

I hate dui's rockboots. I've been using the scubapro drysuit rockboots with my dui. Much better and last much longer than the dui ones
ScubaPro Dry Suit Boot

Are these choices for replacing the rock boots or replacing the portion of the suit that the boots go into?

Back
Top Bottom