DUI Demo Days at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hnladue:
I just called DD. They plan on arrving about 5pm in PA. (so actual time will probably by 7pm by Darryl-time)

I'm leaving about 10-11am to by in by 3-4pm. Brian should be in about the same time.

Is anyone else beside Rick/Debbie coming??? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Too bad we can't do the radio caravan this year Heather. Looking forward to seeing you all very soon! Do a dive for me!

Yea it was MUCH more fun have you as a driving buddy!!! Let us know when you can dive. I'm sure we can get Dwight out (hopefully!)

So, how did it go?

I just got in the door about 15 minutes ago. First year that the only people in our group who got wet were the ones who brought their own suits!!!

Not True!! Some of the students got wet.

Had a great time. Tired and sore. Maybe Brian will post some pictures. I did 300 miles on 6 gallons of gas!! Woohoo!! Cost $18 to fill the tank in PA. Finally got to see the helocoptor and the new airplane. Water was anywhere from 45-50 Degrees. Vis maybe 20ft (or 2ft if students were around). I don't think there were as many people there this year. I know at one time they had 90 of 100 drysuit hoses out, but it didn't seem that many people were there.

hnladue:
I did 300 miles on 6 gallons of gas!! Woohoo!! Cost $18 to fill the tank in PA.

Motorcycle? (50mpg... can be a VW TDI, or one of those Toyota Prius/Echo's)

Oops! I didn't hear about the wet students. I just heard about the wet instructors and DM's :) .

I just know that I didn't come up with any water in my drysuit. Heather did better than me mileage wise, but my largest treat was 29 mpg that I got from Youngstown, OH to Maumee, OH. That is in an SUV so that was an added treat. I'll tell you though, I was wishing for the car that she brought every time that I pulled into a gas station on a 700 mile drive.

As for photos, all that I got were the ones from our first dive. I didn't have my camera on Sunday (minimalist removal of stuff from my vehicle for purposes of getting out there on Sunday afternoon) and the vis wasn't good enough for it for photography on Saturday afternoon.

Notable words... Hey, is there something wrong with this neck seal? :huh:

Yukoneer- 2005 Prius! Will hold dive gear for 2 people.

We (Debbie, Paul, and I) had a good time. Paul got wet on our last dive Sunday....so we didn't get to do the fun dive I had planned.

At one time there were 115 drysuits out!!

The weather co-operated nicely!! It could have been a little better.......but it could have been a LOT worse!! :wink:

After the Dinner and Presentation Saturday night we talked with Bernie Chowdhury for a while.

Big plans are in the works for next year!! It'll be the 10th anniversary of DUI Demo Days and Dog Rally!! Faith is looking for Ideas, anyone have any :confused:

Derek and the others who wanted to come,
Sorry you couldn't make it!! We were thinking about you!!
If your planning for next year, it'll be the closest weekend to the end of May, unless that weekend is Memorial Day.

Rick

Tavi:
After the Dinner and Presentation Saturday night we talked with Bernie Chowdhury for a while.

You stinkin' bum, you're officially off my Christmas card list! :wink: :D I would have loved to talk with Bernie. Oh well, maybe next year.

Tavi:
Derek and the others who wanted to come,
Sorry you couldn't make it!! We were thinking about you!!
If your planning for next year, it'll be the closest weekend to the end of May, unless that weekend is Memorial Day.

Oh I will be there, that's a promise. The only reason I didn't go this year is I knew my nose hasn't healed up enough yet (it's still tender), and I knew that I still would have dove regardless (because I'm a moronic hardhead :D) , and I didn't want to risk putting myself on the sideline for the rest of the season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom