DUI Demo Days at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick- I got no one to watch the dogs, cats, critters, etc..... Dad could do it, but ... oh well. I just hope Oreo's cancer isn't back by then either.

As for Dutch: Water Temps in May at DUI Dog Days is usually about 50. Vis is ok if you get in early.... mud puppies at work later. Temp goes all over!! Its good for everyone. There are platfoms at 25 feet, boats, planes, buses, helicopter all a little deeper. The air temp can vary. One year I got sun burn. Last year was cooler.

I couldn't dive due to allergy/sinus problems but I still had a great time helping out.

It was the 10th anniversary of the very first official DUI Demo Days, which was at Dutch springs. 5 shops and 1 club were honored for participating every year since the begining. DD was one of those shops. Each of those could put together a 3 man team to participate in the first ever, Drysuit Rodeo. DD's team won the event. :D

I was there for the festivities on Saturday. I enjoyed diving a couple of the suits and meeting some new folks. Always looking for dive buddies up here in central NY! I really wish I had been there to see the sea lion going after the dry suit crotch strap!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom