DUI drysuit leak -go thru LDS or send in myself?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjd001

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

In the past, I've always taken my DUI drysuit (CF200X) back to the LDS and they'd send it back to DUI for me to address any issues. But the LDS has closed and I'm wondering if I should go through another LDS that sells DUI, or just send it directly to DUI myself.

Anyone have experience/recommendations either way?

I've got a tiny leak that so far has defied my efforts to find and patch it. (I thought I found and patched it but last Saturday's dive proved otherwise. I'm afraid it might be a zipper issue.)

Thanks!

I had to get a zip seal connection fixed. I sent my suit directly to DUI and got it back quickly. I called first to get shipping directions. Check their website for the person to talk to.

Ron

Hi,

In the past, I've always taken my DUI drysuit (CF200X) back to the LDS and they'd send it back to DUI for me to address any issues. But the LDS has closed and I'm wondering if I should go through another LDS that sells DUI, or just send it directly to DUI myself.

Anyone have experience/recommendations either way?

I've got a tiny leak that so far has defied my efforts to find and patch it. (I thought I found and patched it but last Saturday's dive proved otherwise. I'm afraid it might be a zipper issue.)

Thanks!

Do a pressure check, plug in the wrist and neck with some objects close in size (pepsi cans work nice for the wrists) close the zipper and pressurize the suit then use soapy water to see where the air is coming from you should be able to find all your leaks

Thanks, Steve! I'd never thought of doing the leak check inside out... I'll give it a try.

The new leak is such that I end up with a wet circle right around my right hip... Thought I'd found a leak right near the zipper, and patched it, but either the patch didn't work or there's more than one leak...

The inside out trick works very well. Turn it inside out, zip it up, put your second stage inside (in the arm worked for me), seal the neck seal around the hose and blow it up....spray some soapy water in the general area that you think the leak is coming from....

Some leaks can be tricky....you can think you know exactly where they're coming from, and end up being surprised (I know I was!).

If all else fails, send it back. I've had very good luck with Steve Gamble (and he's a hell of a lot cheaper than DUI!).

I had some changes made a while back and dealt directly with DUI, no issues at all.

Hi,

This is Kathy with DUI. We have a Repair Outline available on our website at http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/drysuit_repair_outline.pdf. It is a little dated but it covers pressure testing your drysuit right-side or inside out.

You can send your drysuit back directly to us. We have a Repair Order Form available online. It really helps to include this with your drysuit. It is available at http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/repairorder.pdf

One idea you can use to try and locate a leak... wrap yourself in paper towels. The kind they have in restrooms... one giant roll. Get in the water at depth for a few minutes and come out and check the towels. Sometimes a leak seems like it is coming from one place but it is really traveling.

And if you have any questions about how to do something please let us know.

Good luck!

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom