DUI TLS 350 Great condition $425 + shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrious95

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is a DUI TLS350 men's XL drysuit that I bought on ebay to be my "backup suit." It turned out to be too large for me. This shell-type suit has no cuts or abrasions.

The eBayer I bought it from said it was a rental suit. He estimated it had 30-40 dives on it. I can't attest to the number of dives, but the suit is in very good condition. The latex seals have been replaced, and if you look at the photos, you can see that the shop that did the replacement put tape over the seams, between the old seals and the new. IOW, they didn't remove the old seals at the material. The tape is peeling up on the edges in spots, but tape is used to pretty up the glue line and does not appear to affect the water-tight integrity of the seals. I used it once for a shallow dive about 2 months ago just to test it, and had no leaks at the wrists or neck.

The inflator and dump valves both worked fine, but you should still have this suit checked out before taking it into the water.

Here's a few photos: TLS350 Slideshow by scubadave1 | Photobucket

My wrists are 7-3/8" in circumference, and the wrist seals are tight on me. I have a 17" neck and the neck seal is tight on me, almost uncomfortably. Someone with a 16-1/2" neck could definitely use this suit. A 16" would probably fit too. If you're local, you're welcome to come try it on.

The left arm has an oral inflator valve. I tried it on land and it works. I haven't tried it under water.

The feet have hard soles on them which take the place of rock boots. They fit fine in my XL Scubapro split fins.

There is a relief zipper, which is great when you're on a boat and need to urinate. Just make sure you keep that zipper lubricated and don't forget to double check it before you dive in.

There is a hip pocket on the right side. The velcro on the pocket is clean and holds closed securely.

The suit is front entry, but the exterior zipper has been repaired using a product called Fixnzip. A word of explanation: The exterior zipper in any drysuit is not waterproof, it serves to protect the inner zipper. That being said, the clip that holds the end of the zipper teeth together has fallen off, and then the slider on the original zipper was pulled off. (Just look at any zipper that has a closed end, like a gear bag, sleeping bag or dry suit. There's a tiny clip that holds the closed end of the zipper teeth together.)

That was the condition when I bought it. I purchased the repair slider and the zipper now closes fine. The clip that holds the end of the zipper teeth together is still missing. It's a do-it-yourselfer repair, or you can just be careful to leave an inch or so of unopened zipper when you take it off. If the slider were to fall off again, it would be easy to put it back on. I'm including the instructions for the zipper repair kit in case you need it.

I am 5'8", have 44" shoulders and a 36" waist. The suit is too big for me. According to the DUI sizing chart, this suit would fit a 6 foot man, 44-46 shoulders, 42-44 waist and 10-1/2 to 11-1/2 shoe size. I guess I should have looked at the DUI chart. You can find it on the DUI website to see for yourself.

I'm asking $425 plus shipping. The suit is light and rolls up small, and will cost about $10-$15 to ship in the USA. I'll also throw in a bottle of my company's ScubaTalc for the seals.

If you have any interest, please PM me. I work in Montville NJ and you're welcome to come and try it on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom