Dura Bags?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dark54555

New
Reaction score
My parents have this gear bag they use to tote gear from the hotel to the boat/beach/etc (obviously not for checking on a plane):

photo4.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

I've been trying to track down another one or something like it for my use. I have a top load/drawstring Tusa bag which I'm not a fan of. I really like that this one zips all the way open on 3 sides and is basically all mesh. The label on this bag says "Dura Bags" but I can't seem to find anyone that sells them. In fact, this is one of the few forums where I've even seen anyone reference Dura Bags. Anyone know if they're still in business? If so, where to buy them? If not, ideas on something similar? The Armor Amphibian seems similar-ish, but it's hard to tell from the photos. Key features: mostly mesh, big zipper opening, and can be carried as a backpack. Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
Looks like a mesh bag and I just happen to make custom mesh bags. If you visit our web site, see below, and enter this code SCUBABOARD610 I will deduct $25 off a bag with embroidery. The offer is good until the end of the month for anyone that uses this code.

Carlton

Hi there,<br>
Looks like a mesh bag and I just happen to make custom mesh bags. If you visit our web site, see below, and enter this code SCUBABOARD610 I will deduct $25 off a bag with embroidery. The offer is good until the end of the month for anyone that uses this code.<br>
<br>
Carlton
<br>
I'm also interested in a bag similar to the one pictured by the OP.<br>
<br>
Carlton, can you make a bag that opens as the one pictured? Everything I saw on your website seemed to be a standard zipper down the middle.

I'll make a prototype early July and post some shots. Do you have dimensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added June 16th, 2014 at 08:17 AM ----------

Do you have dimensions? There is a lot of zipper on this bag and you can't pick it up if the zipper isn't closed. Everything will fall out of it. On the SplashBag design you can carry it like a backpack too.

Carlton Adams. www.MySplashBag.com

Just fyi since no one ever answered and in case this pops up for others searching...Dura Bag is out of business and has been for about 15 yrs. Made great bags...I have at least 4 with their accessories.

Back
Top Bottom