Dx-1200 HD Shutter Speed Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey, i was wondering if you can manually adjust the shutter speed, quite often it is set to low and i want to take a photo of somthing moving at running speed and often it is blurry because i cant get the shutter speed to be fast enough. on auto underwater its usualy 1/45 of a sec and i really want it to be 1/1200 or so

Last edited:
Hi Jason, I went to the sea&sea web site to check the capabilities of the camera and it appears that the 1200D is a simple point and shoot camera with no manual adjustments allowed. Here is the link: Sea & Sea USA - Underwater Photography Cameras & Video. If the 1200D page does not automatically appear, then click on the "compact digital camera" link and select the 1200D. The DX-1G and the DX-2G allow for manual settings and you can set the shutter speed. There should be several scene options that are available on the camera that may adjust the shutter speed. For example, when I owned the DX-8000G I always used the sports mode to ensure a higher shutter speed when shooting fisht that were moving.

Regards,

Bill

I own a DX1200-HD and can say that it is not suitable for shooting photographs of fast moving subjects. What you can do is either switch to video mode and use video footage to grab frames from it afterwards or shoot pictures with a high ISO setting which will push up the shutter speed.
shooting in bright daylight and having the sun behind you also helps.

Other than that it is a nice compact but mainly good for the video.
Cheers.

cool thankyou, what program do you use to take the still photos from the video footage, i have been using windows movie maker so far, and i usualy drag the box to make the photo resolution 650x366 i think it is, is there a better way?

Picasa 3 can do that, the max resolution will be limited to the resolution of the video which is on HD 1280x720 as far as i know. Picasa grabs the frames and saves them in a separate folder. You can select the good ones from the folder and delete the rest.

Hi Jason

I am having the same problem as you with the slow shutter speed and one solution that I am starting to discover is by increasing the ISO to either 1600 or 800. Do you know how to do this?

I also mainly use the camera for video - which is great! Hope you are enjoying your HD?

Regards
Kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom