DX-1200 HD TV cord question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, i have the dx-1200hd camera, but when i plug it into my 42" LCD TV to look at my video's or pictures, the quality is very bad, all pixelated etc.
if i view the photos or video's on my computer they are fine.

i have heard this is because the cord they give is not high definition? i can understand that but the quality is so bad on the tv that my mothers camera's video quality is much better when she plugs her's in, and her camera doesnt even record in HD, hers is doing 640x480 or somthing.

so i am wondering if there is anything i can do to make the quality better for when i want to put my photos on the TV

would be good if the sea and sea guys can reply themselves if no one else knows, or has had this problem.

Thankyou

To make full use of all the resolution in it's HD video 1028x724 you would need an HDMI cable to connect it to your TV.
I am not sure the DX-1200HD has one, only a (low-res) coaxial video cable connection is mentioned on S&S website. If it does not have you will have to do as you have been doing, loading it on a computer and connecting the computer to the TV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom