DX-1G Strobe Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife got me a a Sea & Sea DX-1G camera for our anniversary and now I am strobe shopping.

A buddy has a See & Sea YS-50 TTL/S Strobe with Cord that he is selling. He said the strobe is about 10 years old. Will that strobe work with my new camera??

The question is, will you be happy with the YS-50 strobe. If you can afford it, I would consider one of the new strobes because they will give you better results and will last longer. I own the YS-110a strobe and am very happy with the results. You can get one used and save a some money. Ebay usually has several up for auction.

Regards,

Bill

The question is, will you be happy with the YS-50 strobe. If you can afford it, I would consider one of the new strobes because they will give you better results and will last longer. I own the YS-110a strobe and am very happy with the results. You can get one used and save a some money. Ebay usually has several up for auction.

Regards,

Bill

Hey Bill:

Thanks for the advice. I decided to opt for the Sea & Sea YS-01 strobe. Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale put together a package for me that was better than what I was finding on Ebay. We'll see what I can do with it in Bonaire in 4 weeks.

Duke

I think you will be very happy with your purchase. You have to share a few pics with us.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom