DX-2G photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice photos here! Was a strobe used?
I have the DX-1G - bought it last summer. I've used it only on one trip. Still learning how to use it.
Going to Bonaire in April - can't wait!

Wow, picture #11 of the butterfly fish is absolutely amazing, looks 3D!

Nice whales too

Wow, nice. I can't believe you found that many good shots, love the nudies.

Were add-on close-up lenses used, or is this just the basic macro capability? One strobe?

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply...Thanks for the great compliments. The pictures were taken with a single strobe (YS-27) and the basic macro capability (no add-on).

Reidster, I have to say that one thing that made a huge difference in my husband's photography was taking a photo course 2 years ago from Tim at Fish Eye Photo in Bonaire. Tim is a Sea&Sea dealer and uses the DX-1G in his photo course (used the DX8000G when we took it), so if you're looking for a great class to improve your photography, please consider taking a day while you're on Bonaire and working with Tim. His shop is located at Den Laman right on Bari Reef, which is where you do your photography dives.

We bought the camera/housing from ScubaToys (the 10% discount helped). The camera has just exceeded our expectations for a point and shoot, and the photos were super easy to edit because of their initial quality. All the pictures were taken in .jpeg format, and some claim if you shoot RAW you'll get even better quality.

We didn't take any video so can't comment on that.

Loved your photos. Just great pics. I bet you can't wait to get it wet in Fiji!

Regards,

Bill

Thanks, they are definitely a labor of love. Unfortunately, our Fiji trip go cancelled. :( After Cyclone Mick roared through Beqa our dive shop decided to cancel the trip since the damage was uncertain. So instead we're heading back to Bonaire for 2 weeks and hope to get to Fiji in 2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom