DX1200 HD Video Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justaddwater2001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have purchased this camera for the HD video capability mainly, i also have the w/a and close-up lenses for this kit. Normally use a Nikon D300 in a MDX housing. My problem is as follows, in shooting video the video jerks in every 10-7 seconds its like a bad case of stuttering which lasts 2-3 frames. i tried to shoot in HD normal, fine and super fine qualities. Same thing happens, only slightly less noticeable in normal quality.

Video works fine with TV resolution, i have a 8 GB Toshiba SDHC card which is fairly fast. So what may be the cause of this problem.

Thank you in advance & Best Regards,

HI justadd-
In the US we have not seen any video issues with the DX-1200 camera.
You're listed memory card should definitely be adequate, but in case you have not tried, we would suggest reformatting the card and trying to record again and also trying another card to verify.
Also, does this "stuttering" occur when the video is recorded to the internal memory or only to the memory card?
If you continue to have issues, please contact your authorized retailer where the camera was purchased in your region.

Thank you, i have reformatted the card but it did not help. I used another card that i had as a spare which is a noname standard SD card, the video works fine. It is probably the Toshiba card which is incompatible.

Cheers & Regards,

HI justadd,
It might just be the actual card, not the brand or product. The SD cards are flash memory and can go wrong frequently. Glad your issue has been resolved.

Hi

Is it stuttering when you play back on your computer? I had exactly the same problem when I switched from Sea&Sea 5000 G to the 1200 HD.

After a lot of frustration, I found out that my computer's graphics card was not compatible with the .mov files and I had to convert them. I eventually bought another computer and it works fine now. Expensive though!

I suggest you start there....

Please shout if you need any more advice??

Thanks
Kate

Hi

Is it stuttering when you play back on your computer? I had exactly the same problem when I switched from Sea&Sea 5000 G to the 1200 HD.

After a lot of frustration, I found out that my computer's graphics card was not compatible with the .mov files and I had to convert them. I eventually bought another computer and it works fine now. Expensive though!

I suggest you start there....

Please shout if you need any more advice??

Thanks
Kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom