DX1g and Inon strobe problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am currently diving with a new camera, a Sea and Sea DX1g and whilst it seems to work fine on land with my inon D2000 strobe, underwater, almost regardless of what setting I put it on there is no regular exposure. It is as if the camera and strobe are working independently, each with a mind of their own.

I normally use Aperture priority, yet in this mode the strobe just refuses to punch out enough light-is there an issue here in the way the information is somehow being interrupted via the FOC feeding off the ill fitting adaptor on the front of the Sea & Sea external flash?

Totally confused and I am sure/hope someone out there has had a similar issue.

This is my first post and I would really appreciate any tips from anyone with a shared experience as I need to resolve this!

Thanks in advance

Did your housing come with a clear Fiber Optic Cable Adapter to mount to the outside of the FOC ports and to accept a fiber optic cable? The adapter repositions the cable for better response and transmission of light. They were included from Japan with all serial # housings after XXXXX6421. If your housing did not come with this adapter, please contact your original sales distributor and request part # 0226, they should have them available. This will more than likely help to solve your strobe sync issue.

I think Hammerhead tipped me off to one of the issues which was that I was using a diffuser on my strobe which for some reason did not help. I also changed the metering to centre and reset the +/- EV to 0 -I normally have it on -.3 to richen things and also unless I am wrong, if the camera is not absolutely fixed on focus then it does not get the correct meter reading and I think I maybe was not waiting for quite a long focusing period and difficulty in seeing underwater whether the screen indicator had turned green-not easy to see. Hopefully these issues may be addressed in the 2G?

Thanks to the Sea and Sea response, always great to have someone from the manufacturer policing this site-it means I will probably upgrade to the 2G in due course knowing of this support. One other suggestion, I would have 2 screw holes on the mounting plate so as to ensure the camera stays level in the tray.

Thanks guys for your hlp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom