Dx1g vs Dx2g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If you currently have the Dx1g will it be worth getting rid of it and upgrading to this new camera? What will the refresh times on RAW be? I wish Sea and Sea was offering some type of upgrade program.

HI,
Ultimately, only you can decide if the features of the 2G make it "worthy" for an upgrade from your DX-1G. The 2G camera has the following updated features in comparison to the 1G:
1) 12MP sensor
2) Larger and higher res LCD screen
3) Enhanced RAW buffer for 5 continuous image captures
4) Built-in level
Also, you can search the previous threads and find the link to download the 2009 catalog and review the 2G specs. We have a D200, D80, D50 and a few other SLR cameras in our demo locker that we wish Nikon would offer an upgrade program for as well! :) Unfortunately, it just doesn't typically happen with electronics/cameras these days.

To bad Sea and Sea won't offer some type of upgrade program for those with the 1g already.

I know sealife also doesnt offer this to its customers either

Neither will Canon, Nikon, Ford, Toyota, etc., etc., etc. That's what eBay is for.

Maybe if they did it would help sales(like Oceanic did with there computers)

I am tempted to upgrade but will wait for a while. Since I don't RAW images, I am not pushed to upgrade right now; however, the 2G really looks like a great camera.

Regards,

Bill

I have a 1g and have taken some great pictures. I do shoot in RAW. The larger screen on the 2g might be nice but I don't think you would be unhappy with the 1g.

Back
Top Bottom