E-420

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

um....I hate to say it, but....

You're worried about the opinion of someone who named a horse Fonzie???

Just hope she doesn't try to jump the shark on him. If I recall correctly that was kind of the death of the whole Fonz' image. :D

As far as 'shooting until my finger bleeds', I got lotsa callouses. And insufficient scratch to dive often enough to make that kinda dent. But I aims ta try. Dominica looks to be fun; I even plan on hiking with the full rig to get shots of some of the waterfall pools, etc. if I can (e.g. Titou Gorge - found some pics on Flickr that indicate it would be worth it, but none that scream out 'I was taken with a real camera'. I hope to correct that. :wink:

Another tip for married u/w photographers - let your wife buy a horse. Since Deborah bought Fonzie, she doesn't ask when UPS drops off another package from B&H at our house. On the other hand, never buy anything that eats - you thought u/w photography was expensive...

My last aquisition was interesting. She went with me to Florida and we ran into a couple of other photographers with slightly more sophisticated rigs. She said in a casual way.."you really should buy you strobes like the ones they have" .... when the Inon Z240 showed up she said "how much did you pay for that?" .... It was hard for her but I ever so gently reminded her of her comment in florida. I think I've cured her of any future comments.

ouch, playing with fire, ce4. Don't you know the distaff sex is allowed to remember anything we say (or fail to) for prosecutorial effect at any time, with no statute of limitations. But if we call them on something they said, well, we just didn't understand what they really meant.

You have now had your one freebie. Hope it was worth it. :D (I jest, my wife's not that bad....usually. :wink: )

I don't have a wife, but I do have a girlfriend. She does not ask how much i spent and i don't ask her how much she spent. A win win situation for us. We did have a big blow out a few months ago about a internet bill we got. When we went on vacation we had the lap top computer set up to work where we were going. When we returned home from the trip our bill from AT&T was $2,300.00 this is no missprint.

Does anyone remember how quickly after the release of the 410 Olympus released the PT-EO3? I'm about to upgrade from a 5050 and had finally decided on the 410 but was still uncomfortable with losing useable live view. On the other hand, I've got a big trip coming at the end of July and would like to take along a new rig when I go.

It wasn't that long after the camera was introduced if I remember correctly. Since your trip is in July you can afford to wait awhile before making the leap. If Oly is coming out with a housing for the 420 it will surprise me. However, I'm pretty sure Ikelite will.

Hi Reuben,

The U/W modes, W/A and macro were a firm ware upgrade in the E300 when the PT-E01 housing was released so we can not just assume that the E-420 will not have a housing from Olympus.

First, the PT-E03 housings are out of stock from Olympus and I don't think any more will be forthcoming. Reefphoto had one left in stock when I was there on Friday, not counting Gary's housing. I think we may see a modified version of the PT-E03 which will fit the E-400, E-410 & E-420 and perhaps a new port for the 25 mm pancake lens.

Resale value for the PT-E03 is high due to lack of stock and you may be waiting several months before a new Olympus housing housing arrives.

I just got the new Nexus housing for the Olympus E-3 into the water yesterday and it works like a charm. I was shooting with the 12 to 60 zoom which is a great range for U/W photography.

I may be selling my PT-E03 housing for anyone interested with the Athena tray and grips. I also have extra E-410 bodies.

Phil Rudin

tropicalone@bellsouth.net

Attachments

• -6191053.jpg
    -6191053.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 34
  • -6191057.jpg
    -6191057.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 31
  • -8010130.jpg
    -8010130.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 28
Phil,
PM sent. Ryan has generously offered a refund for my housing. Despite the issue with the housing Ryan has upped his stellar reputation in this consumers eyes. There are some still available new at reasonable prices. $750 at B&H.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom