E-620!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PT-E06 should be shipping to dealers early next week. I will have at least one in stock.

E620 has a $100 instant rebate as well.

Jack

There's a couple on my site. I don't have the housing as of yet. But it should be coming any day.
See: PT-E06

Oly_PT-E06.jpg

It's basically just like the PT-E05 with some controls moved.

Jack

I actually considering to purchase the new Canon 500D or Nikon D5000 for topside. For underwater, I don't think (at least now) I'll move to DSLR - I am still happy with my G9 and SP-350.
Your post make me checked your website - very interesting price. Okay, apart from the price - what's in your opinion to justify me to choose the E-620 instead of D5000 or 500D.
The sensor size of E-620 is much smaller than the above competitors - does it make significant different ?

The E620 is pretty nice, fast and with good features. It has a very good underwater system and housing. There is a tilt out screen on the back that's quite handy. It's shutter is fast and quiet. No video modes though. I don’t find a significant image quality difference due to the smaller sensor. Their lenses are very good and the software on the camera is easy to use.

Here's a preview:
Olympus E-620 Hands-on Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Here's some photos I took with the older E520:
Olympus E-520 - a set on Flickr

I would think about upgrading the lens to the 14-54, it is a much better lens. You'd buy the body and lens separately.

Right now there is an instant rebate of $100 available on the body.

Thanks,
Jack

The sensor size of E-620 is much smaller than the above competitors - does it make significant different ?

It depends on your photography. I like close up nature shots and shoot the 70-300mm for that purpose. With the built in image stabilization I can hand-hold shots with that lens and still get pretty crisp results. With the 2x crop factor, that lens is the equivalent of 140-600mm in 35mm terms. The kit lenses are pretty high quality compared to most and there's the cost factor. What I hate is the high ISO performance. ISO1600 is too noisy to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom