E/O connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys I've been having a problem with my eos12 light, it likes to turn itself off. I've tracked the problem down to the connector but don't have a solution yet. Is there any tricks I can do so I may rely on the light again or is it a cord/connector replacement in the near future?

Cheers!

Contact cleaner and some mineral oil before assembly. If it's wallowed out, you'll have to replace the cords since the mechanical connection is unreliable.

E/O cords are iffy at times.

They’re consumables. Prepare to replace.

You *might* be able to tap the unplugged connectors with a rubber mallet to tighten up the female contacts with some effect.

I switched to Impulse single pole connectors years ago after having less than happy results with E/O. None of the E/O connection nonsense but you have to source them yourself (easy) and find a light manufacturer that will work with them (LightMonkey had no issues)

Here's a good video on E/O maintenance - it'll get you a very long way :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom